Considering parting out my XL2

General discussion of the plane, flying, or anything else.
Post Reply
tmpendergrass
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:49 pm
Based: KSNA
Tail Number: N143AL
Certificates Held: CSEL IR

Considering parting out my XL2

Post by tmpendergrass »

My XL2 is on the market. It's a high time former flight school plane but is in good airworthy condition. But has been kept outside I since new and isn't in great visual condition.

However I'm having trouble finding serious buyers due to the obvious parts issues with this plane. It is also one of the reasons I'm selling.

Is there enough demand for parts to justify parting out to recoup some value while helping keep these planes flying?
tafisama
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm
Based: Adelaide,SA
Tail Number: XLY
Certificates Held: PPL

Re: Considering parting out my XL2

Post by tafisama »

You could probably start by asking if members are looking for specific items and have some prices then work out if it works your way.My belief is you would get more probably selling a flying aircraft but you may need to wait for long.If you however decide to go ahead with parting out let us know prices on individual parts.
The GNS,Transponder,Attitude indicator would probably go first.
GimpyPilot
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL
Location: Southern California

Re: Considering parting out my XL2

Post by GimpyPilot »

Sell it to Glideslope, across the field. I'm sure he'd like to have a full set of parts. ;-)
Post Reply