Discussion off all the ADs.
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm
- Based: KLKU
- Tail Number: N207AU
- Certificates Held: Commercial airplane single/mult IFR, ATC
Had one of the spinner cone screws come loose while engine was running and it looks like it bounce off cowling and back into the prop blade and here is the damage.
- Posts: 558
- Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:07 am
- Based: Kowd ksrq
- Tail Number: N
- Certificates Held: ATP MEl sel
- Location: Boston Area bradenton florida
Wow just had that same thing happen two days ago. Saw the damage after a lunch flight,as I always inspect the prop before and after flights.
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 am
- Based: YMNG
- Tail Number: KXY
- Certificates Held: PPL
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:12 pm
- Based: KBDR/KPSM
- Tail Number: N588XL
- Certificates Held: Commercial-SEL / Instrument Airplane
It happens...use some silicone on screw threads to keep it from coming loose.
PS...its usually the ones next to prop that copme loose...so treat these.
Call me for advice on this...203-323-1000